On Monday 16 June 2003 13:20, NormW wrote:
> Just a tad too quick with the 'send'... mod_jk or mod_jk2? If you
> don't have a preference, go with mod_jk... it has only recently been
> updated and if you get auto config working, it only supports jk
> anyway.
> There are slots at Jakarta for the binaries for mod_jk for different
> versions of Solaris but are presently empty... do you 'roll-your-own'
> [compile] or prefer 'ready-made' [binaries]?
> Solaris is not on my 'accreditation list' so this will be strictly
> theory...

i managed to get it compiled for Solaris 8 this morning after several
hours of fighting with it and cursing the README file. See my earlier
post from today how a run-down on how i did it.

In case it does anyone any good:

  http://stephan.rootonfire.org/mod_jk/

But i can't promise it'll work on other systems due to the required
libs:
ldd mod_jk-1.2.4.so
        libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libc.so.1
        libdl.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
        /usr/platform/SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi-Engine/lib/libc_psr.so.1

--
----- stephan
The Guy With No Job Title