No, its saying that the wrong (incompatible) .so file is being used.

Apache 1.3.6 is ancient...I doubt any of the JK sources will work with it, and there have been 21 revisions to the 1.3 source since (currently at 1.3.27). If "1.3.6" isn't a typo, you should first and foremost upgrade your Apache. If you can't upgrade for some reason, you will have to build your own mod_jk from source, and my guess is it won't be easy.

John

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 22:44:06 +1000, NormW <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Still at it?
Good evening Kevin.
I think it's saying your LoadModule line in httpd.conf needs a tweak.
It should read:
LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk-1.3-<etc>
Norm

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas, Kevin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Tomcat Users List'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 10:17 PM
Subject: RE: Question regarding "tomcat-apache.conf" file.

Norm.

I used the basic format that being offered on that website to understand
what changes were required. After following them (making my own tweaks to
ensure correct paths etc), I attempted to restart Apache and got the
following:

Syntax error on line 233 of
/ki- sun4k2/export/home/apt2/ta_web/webserver/apache_1.3.6/conf/httpd.conf:
Can't locate API module structure `mod_jk' in file

/ki-sun4k2/export/home/apt2/ta_web/webserver/apache_1.3.6/libexec/mod_jk- 1.3
-eapi.so: ld.so.1:
/ki-sun4k2/export/home/apt2/ta_web/webserver/apache_1.3.6/bin/httpd:
fatal:
mod_jk: can't find symbol
bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Any ideas? (sorry to bug you with this one!)