OK, cool. Solaris 2.6 might be a little iffy for the GNU tools, so you'll probably want to stick with binaries. I had a heck of a time getting mod_jk to build on Solaris 2.7, my guess is it wouldn't be any better with 2.6.

.27 is preferred, but I won't be picky. You can check my Solaris 7 HOWTO for more info if you like:
http://www.johnturner.com/howto (if you've already seen it, my apologies, I loose track of some of these threads sometimes).

After that, you should be able to use one of the binaries that Stephan so kindly announced this morning, at:
http://stephan.rootonfire.org/mod_jk/

John