Do you have a context declared for the web app ?

Check out this for details:
http://saloon.javaranch.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5
6&t=000264

It contains links to nagoya for bug reports on unpacking WARs with
context declared in server.xml.   I'm still irritated by the tone of the
response (in nagoya).