Abid,

The server web.xml is processed before the application web.xml, so it should
work.  You'll need to ensure the filter class is available to all webapps,
so /common/lib (for a jar) or /common/classes(for a .class) is where I'd
recommend.

You'll need to use a filter map such as "*".

Why not give it a try and let us know what happens.

All the best,

Andy