Nice tip...I can see a number of uses for this. Thanks!

John

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 20:35:02 -0700, Bill Barker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I assume you mean for things like the keystore password. In TC3.3 you can
use the optional PasswordPrompter module. In TC 4.x and higher there is
currently no built-in method to do this. However, (at least on *nix
systems) you can configure your server.xml to have something like:
keystorePass="${com.dolphtech.keypass}"

Then create a $CATALINA_HOME/bin/setenv.sh something like:
#!/bin/sh
echo Keystore Password for com.dolphtech
read keypass
CATALINA_OPTS="-Dcom.dolphtech.keypass=$keypass"
export CATALINA_OPTS

"Mark W. Webb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Is there an accepted way to prompt for a password upon startup of tomcat?

thanks

-- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/