I have a question about WEBDAV and How authenticate works.

If i have this in web.xml

<login-config>
      <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
      <realm-name>MyCustomRealm</realm-name>
</login-config>

It will get an Popup Log in dialog, and it will invoke my realm's
authenticate() method, with username and password being entered by
the user.

However, I do not want the log in dialog to pop up in all cases.
There's a case that the user is already authenticated BEFORE he tries
to run the webdav servlet, and in this case, he wants to bypass the
log in dialog.

Do you know How to pass in the Authenticator class some information
so that it doesn't need to invoke the login dialog if the user is already
authenticated ? What information would the authenticator need ?

Thanks.
- Chinh