hi,
 is it working in standalone? if yes i have a similar problem few months ago

for me the solution was:

uninstall tomcat as a service:
    tomcat.exe -uninstall "Apache Tomcat 4.1"

Then I typed manually, well, I did not really type it, I did a copy paste
from a URL at https://instruct.unc.edu/wcb/school...essages/11.html

The trick is that everything has to be in one line, (with quotes and
everything, as it is here bellow)

-------"%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\tomcat.exe" -install Tomcat
"%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll"  -Djava.class.path="%CATALINA_HOME%\bin
\bootstrap.jar;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar" -Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA_HOME%"
-Xrs -start org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params start -stop
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params stop -out
"%CATALINA_HOME%"\logs\stderr.log

JLD