From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 12:36 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: heap size

Howdy,

>Yoav - Where do you specify heap size? I understand it is a parameter
of
>the java command, but is in a Tomcat startup script somewhere? Or do I
just
>execute it at the command line?

Add
JAVA_OPTS='-Xmx512m'
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh
on unix.  On windows, you can do this with a JAVA_OPTS environment
variable, or (if running as a service) via the registry.  Search this
list's archives for more information.

The 512m above specifies a maximum heap of 512 MB.  Run java -X to see
other options.

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.