Hello again,

I encountered problems trying to implement email service in my webapp.  I'd prototyped
in a standalone Java program and things ran ok.  When I implemented the email service
in my servlet, I got many errors, mostly of the noclassdeffound variety.

The folks on this list indicated there there were / are incompatibly different version
of the same methods in j2ee.jar and some Tomcat 3.3.1 components, and that I must use
two ?older? parts.

Is / are there a later version of Tomcat which does not have this incompatibility?  If
so, which are they?

How could I have detemined what the original problem was?  (I spent a goodly amount of
time looking for duplicate .jar files and suchlike, 'tho this was not the problem).  I
still don't see any external evidence of the conflict(s), so what technique could I
have used to identify the original problem?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Terry Fuller
[EMAIL PROTECTED]