You should be able to set this by modifying your server.xml and all <context>.xml files:

Set the "workDir" attribute for your Host (or for the individual Contexts)
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/host.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/context.html

Set the "directory" sttribute for your Access Log Valve
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/valve.html

Set the "directory" sttribute for your File Loggers (you've done this, i think)
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/logger.html

If using the Standard Manager for session persistance set the "pathname"
attribute
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/manager.html

I think if you set the workDir for the Host all nested Elements will use it, but you'll have to check this assumption :)

HTH,

Jon

Anne Durand wrote:
Hello
I would like to use Tomcat from a CD on Windows.
I have changed the logs directory, but Tomcat doesn't start because the working directory is not writable.
Is it possible to change it?
Thanks