Op 5 feb 2011, om 23:49 heeft MZMcBride het volgende geschreven:

> Krinkle wrote:
>> * Configure it in a special way so that one can use the same code for
>> any wiki (ie. a $lang and $family variable of some kind)
>
> The general idea seems fine. My only comment about this proposal is
> that the
> lang/family combination is horrific and should never, ever be used.
> It ends
> up requiring abominations such as lang=commons or lang=strategy,
> which is
> completely nonsensical and completely avoidable. It also presents
> problems
> in URLs when parameters such &lang=en get incorrectly auto-corrected
> by bad
> programs/scripts/applications into ⟨.
>
> Wikimedia separates its wikis by database name. Please use "db",
> "wiki", or
> "site" (containing either the DB name or the URL) instead of family/
> language
> hackery.
>
> MZMcBride

Although I forgot for a second that, as developers, we can simply pass
the dbname directly.
So I will certainly do that and simply require knowing the database
name.

But so you know, look at:

        http://noc.wikimedia.org/conf/highlight.php?file=CommonSettings.php

and search for: $lang

The horror begins (and hopefully at some point, ends) there :-)

--
Krinkle