An important key in every allwiki-iteration is imho the re-use of
connections.

In php this is quite easy actually.

$connections = array();
$connections['1'] = mysql_connect( ... );
$connections['2'] = mysql_connect( ... );
etc.

then, when you're going to query toolserver.wiki sql db table, in the
loop
that follows afterwards, something like

foreach ( $rows as $row ) {
        $currentSqlCon = isset( $connections[ $row->server ] ) ?
$connections[ $row->server ] : false;
        if ( $currentSqlCon ) [
                $query = mysql_query( $my_query, $currentSqlCon );
}

That way you won't have to make 100s of connections.

 From what I remember both Luxo's, vvv's and my own do it like this
for global
tools.

Ofcourse you can always look at own source code in svn and/or my looking
at our php files directly from your toolserver account.

--
Krinkle