On 12/03/12 19:36, Krinkle wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 5:54 PM, Soxred93 wrote:
>     If you are pushing for an MMP, it would be best not to use my code.
>     It's shoddy, poorly written, broken, and inefficient. Frankly, I'm
>     amazed it lasted as long as it did.
>
>     -X!
>
> Well, it's been working so far.
>
> I'd recommend we do the following:
> * creating a few MMP projects that cover the tools people use most
> * make your home directory readable for group 'users' via chmod (except
> for sensitive files)
> * watch and see people copy your stuff into the SVN repo for the MMP
> projects and check them out into the MMP account, and see people open
> stuff in JIRA and get fixed in svn and pushed live :)
>
> -- Krinkle

It's already user-readable.
The only prominent non-readable file is public_html/index.php, and I'm
not sure if Peachy/Configs has anything of interest.

So assuming I think the steps would be:
- X! reopens his account.
- Determine the tools requiring a MMP and migrate to a repository.
- Redirect the old urls to the new one.

- Make the best possible code. :)

Given that creating a MMP requires root intervention, and a different
ACL, it probably makes sense to use a few broad-scope ones, such as
"article related tools".

I'm a bit concerned about the diversity of the tools made by each of us.
Almost every user utilises its own library of files for providing a
skin, db access... Which make integrating them into something coherent
quite hard.
These multiple frameworks may also be an effect of the large
applications ban.

PS: X!, what are your plans of future? Do you intend to continue
maintaining your tools?