On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Sumana Harihareswara
<suma...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> You know what I'm about to say. :-)  Come on, come on, just show us the
> code, as unbearable as you may find that.  Release early, release often,
> let us get our paws on it and help you.  :-)
>
> If for whatever reason you'd rather not have it on Toolserver, you can
> get a Git repository hosted with Wikimedia
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Git/New_repositories and share it there.

Haha, no worries. As it happens, I've made enough progress that I
anticipate releasing documentation and examples by the end of tomorrow
(today?) and the base code by the end of the next day. I don't mean to
be a tease, so to speak. :P Unfortunately, my OCD makes me apply
absurdly arbitrary and exacting standards to any code when it has my
name on it. This also makes it difficult for me to use source control
(though I *do*, as it's absolutely essential to development) as I
don't like keeping around code that didn't work or code that's no
longer needed; it doesn't seem "organized" to me.

I'm not familiar with Git, but I'll look into it; as the framework has
a dependency on MediaWiki, it'll probably be best to use what
MediaWiki's going to use, especially if I can define it as an external
repository. That way I wouldn't have to keep metadata around that
might not be able to be checked in, write a checkout script, or have
the possibility of having an old version of MediaWiki distributed with
the framework.

Thanks!
-Madman