(anonymous) wrote

> I just extended my personal account until 5. January of 2014 – it is the last
> time I do this. At this day I will also remove my access as root of the
> Toolserver. Beginning of 1. July I will start my fade out, doing less and less
> work for the Toolserver until I am not longer visible. I announce that this
> early because I think it is fair for you to know that will happen and I like
> not just to vanish like some roots before.

> [...]

JFC, what a bunch of self-pitying bullshit.

Democratic toolserver?  Was there a vote on the addition of
new volunteer roots, or did someone just oppose it because
they might not fit his personal agenda?  Who made it a rule,
"if someone phones my mother, they lose their account"?

No documentation on the wiki by the users?  I can't find
*any* mention of z-dat-s1-a and the other stuff *you* cre-
ated on the wiki, and the only person who could have docu-
mented it would have been *you*.  The times when you brought
down the Toolserver by rebooting machines whose setups had
not been documented -- should users have done that?

At least Platonides and I contributed patches to JIRA to fix
existing bugs.  It was neither WMDE, Pavel nor the GA that
stood in the way to apply those fixes.

"Fading out"?  You have been gone as a system administrator
for a long time.  On April 30th, you said on IRC: "I have a
working cluster with commons+wikipedia here :-)", while ac-
tual Toolserver users had been complaining about replication
lag and almost daily LDAP outages for months.  You used your
Toolserver privileges at least in the last year mainly for
political campaigning.  You neither fixed the simple issues
nor planned ahead for example the Solaris to Linux migration
that then had to be done in a jiffy, but actively blocked
any offer of help.

Everybody has the right to leave, but don't try to put the
blame on others.  The Toolserver users have had a *lot* of
patience with you and your quirks.

Tim