Maybe this just needs a little more planning.
* Look at the server logs and find the most used tools on toolserver
* Contact those tool authors directly
* Make copies of the source of those tools publicly available (they should
all be open source, but some directories are not accessibly for other users
from shell IIRC)
* Keep a Foundation-readable snapshot of the toolserver home directories,
user-store, DB dumps etc.
* Forcibly port the most important, unmaintained tools to Labs
I have already started with one or two, though I'd appreciate it if I don't
have to do it all by myself ;-)

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 8:31 PM, Maarten Dammers <maar...@mdammers.nl> wrote:

> Hi Silke,
>
> I'm afraid you're effort won't have the intended outcome. What I expect
> will happen:
> * Some tool authors will move in the next couple of months
> * Some tool authors will move at the last moment
> * A lot of tools willl just be abandoned.
> * You'll get a lot of upset people when you shut down the Toolserver
>
> Don't say I didn't warn you,
>
> Maarten
>
> Op 7-10-2013 14:03, Silke Meyer schreef:
>
>  Hey all!
>>
>> We had set a deadline (Sept 30th) to ask WMDE for support to migrate
>> your tools to Tool Labs. As very few of you made use of this until now,
>> Johannes still has time to help you. So we are still accepting support
>> requests. Please think about whether you'll have the time and the
>> know-how to migrate on your own. Your tools shall have left the
>> toolserver until June 30th, 2014. This deadline is serious.
>>
>> If you would like Johannes to give you a hand, please tell us until
>> November 15th 2013.
>> * Write to me or to directly to johannes.kr...@wikimedia.de.
>> * Give some details about your tool: Did you try to migrate already but
>> something fails to work? What works? What doesn't? What exactly do you
>> want Johannes to do?
>>
>> Best, Silke

undefined