Makes sense and agrees with my experience, Gary! BTW, I have worked Alaska from here in Raleigh with my 2-elevated radial Inverted L. Don't recall off-hand if it was you, I worked.
73, Charlie, K4OTV -----Original Message----- From: Topband [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Gary and Kathleen Pearse Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 5:14 PM To: topband List Subject: Re: Topband: Radial Question I'd run a test wire under the house and connect it to the rig. Listen for noise. Then connect to house ground and see if noisy. Compare that with each existing elevated radial for QRN. Here in Fairbanks anything through the home or grounded to the house or tower on 160 is worse than my ungrounded elevated radials. One elevated radial (of 8) near the power line is the noisiest. I disconnect it when it gets bad. 73, Gary NL7Y _________________ Topband Reflector Archives - http://www.contesting.com/_topband _________________ Topband Reflector Archives - http://www.contesting.com/_topband
