Thanks!
Naicong

From: topbraid-users@googlegroups.com [mailto:topbraid-users@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Gokhan Soydan
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2011 2:48 PM
To: topbraid-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [topbraid-users] Question about DELETE

Naicong,

You also have to bind the ?label variable in the WHERE clause. So it should
look like:
DELETE {
    ?I rdfs:label ?label .
}
WHERE {
   ?I a ZTest:C1 .
   ?l rdfs:label ?label .
}

Gokhan

On 5/19/2011 2:42 PM, Li, Naicong wrote:
Hi,

I have a question about using DELETE in a SPARQL query.  I have a test class
ZTest:C1, which has an instance ZTest:C1_1, whose rdfs:label = "C1 1".  I
entered the following query in the SPARQL query window to test deleting the
triple: ZTest:C1_1 rdfs:label "C1 1" :

DELETE {
    ?I rdfs:label ?label .
}
WHERE {
   ?I a ZTest:C1 .
}

The query passed syntax checking, and executed, but it did not delete the
rdfs:label triple for ZTest:C1_1 .

Am I doing something wrong?  I am using TopBraid ME 3.3.2.

Thanks for your help.
Naicong