Hi Rob,

I am aware that other GraphQL implementations on top of RDF do support JSON-LD context generation. Technically, this might be doable, although there are some cases like sh:path expressions where there is no single property or triple that we could map to, and of course no JSON-LD would be able to map partial queries like { label } without also having a uri field.

The thing I would like to better understand is what would clients do with that info. My assumption is that we use GraphQL to "flatten" a graph into a tree structure for easy consumption by rather traditional client-side code, e.g. written in React or other JS libraries. Would those clients really have a full RDF-based API, and would they be able to make sense of the partial graphs that would be returned by the server? If yes, isn't a SPARQL CONSTRUCT a more natural way to produce graphs, instead of relying on another set of intermediate steps?

Holger