On 12/08/2020 02:32, Irene Polikoff wrote:

For this to work, the spreadsheet will need to have a column with these concatenated values.

As for the data in EDG, you can use SHACL rule to “infer” property values - concatenating a company name with the department. While the rule could be defined as a property value rule that infers a value on demand, I don’t know if such dynamic inference would work for the import matching logic.  You could confirm it by trying, but I suspect that for the match to work, you will need to execute the rules and store the results prior to running the import. Use the Transform tab to do this.

The out-of-the-box spreadsheet importer of EDG will not use inferred values for matching (and this might be slow). As Irene said, you would first need to materialize the inferences.

If you are somehow familiar with JavaScript then 6.4 offers more flexibility for spreadsheet importing, including the ability to use inferred values and building helper data structures for efficient matching. See

http://www.datashapes.org/active/import.html

and in particular the demo video linked from that page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn7O8siZpTc&feature=youtu.be

Holger