Some might have guessed this would be my next post as I've noticed the
'generator.parse' error seems to be on the newbie list-o-topics.

I've got the schema.xml file generated, and renamed it to
project-schema.xml.  I tried running 'maven torque' and eventually it
fails with the error:

Exception thrown by 'generator.parse'. For more information consult the
velocity log, or invoke ant with the -debug flag.
com.werken.werkz.UnattainableGoalException: Unable to obtain goal [torque]

..and then references the line in the torque plugin.jelly containing -
         templatePath="${torque.templatePath}">.

When I looked at the velocity log it contains:

Thu Dec 09 15:27:54 EST 2004   [info] ResourceManager : found
sql/base/oracle/drop.vm with loader
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.FileResourceLoader
Thu Dec 09 15:27:54 EST 2004   [info] ResourceManager : found
sql/base/oracle/columns.vm with loader
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.FileResourceLoader
Thu Dec 09 15:27:54 EST 2004  [error] Method get threw exception for
reference $dbprops in template sql/base/oracle/columns.vm at  [2,20]
Thu Dec 09 15:27:54 EST 2004  [error] Method parse threw exception for
reference $generator in template sql/base/oracle/table.vm at  [8,16]
Thu Dec 09 15:27:54 EST 2004  [error] Method parse threw exception for
reference $generator in template sql/base/Control.vm at  [17,7]

So it looks like to me the velocity templates are being found but some variables; namely dbprops, and generator, aren't being valued, found, whatever.

To make things more interesting I've modified the directory layout
slightly in my project.properties file to try and group all of torque's
ouput into a single subdirectory in an attempt to make the final result
more manageable and errors a little easier to pinpoint.  I'll be happy
to post that properties file if it will help.

Using torque v3.1.1 with the maven plugin going against a generated
oracle schema.xml.  I noticed that the torque:om and
torque:id-table-init-sql tasks work.

Any ideas?

Thanks - Tod