I got a problem with torque3.1.1 when deleting and object using its peer. I think the problem is with the definition of the buildCriteria method.
In my app code, I got
SomeTablePeer.doDelete( (SomeTable) obj );

In the BaseSomeTablePeer, in the
public static Criteria buildCriteria( SomeTable obj )
method I got the row
criteria.add(COMMENTS, obj.getComments());

So I understand torque is deleting a row identifying it using all table columns in a where statement, but on SQLServer this can't be done so easily.

You want to just delete it with the primary key, not the whole object:
        SomeTablePeer.doDelete(((SomeTable) obj).getPrimaryKey());

Gareth