I changed the log4J.properties file as follows:
log4j.appender.file.file=
F:/5chubbapps/server1/Ema/logs/torque.log

and in the Torque init file, I changed the file
locations as follows:
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.file =
F:/5chubbapps/server1/Ema/logs/torque.log

Still no luck..

In my WSAD 5.1 app, I have the log4J.properties file
located under JavaSource.. Is that correct?

Thanks,
Jim

--- Greg Monroe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In addition to needing full paths, you might not be
> changing the correct log4j.properties file.  If your
> app container uses log4j, it's log4j.properties may
> be ignored because the server has initialized it
> first.
> I now Tomcat can have this problem.
>
> I think there might be some tricks floating around
> to initialize log4j for a specific app's class
> loader
> rather than using log4j's auto init process.
>
> > Jim Caserta said:
> >
> > For some reason I am not able to get the log files
> to write
> > where I want them to.
> >
> > In my log4j.properties file I have tried the
> following, but
> > neither works.. Can anyone help?
> > Thank you. Jim
> >

> > log4j.appender.file.file= /torque.log
> > log4j.appender.file.file= /logs/torque.log
> > log4j.appender.file.file= ./logs/torque.log

log4j.appender.file.file=${applicationRoot}/logs/torque.log