First, I'd suggest upgrading to the latest version of
Torque (3.2 / 3.3 coming soon!) from 3.0.  There have
been a lot of things fixed, etc.

Next, Torque does not have a delayed delete mechanism.
When you make the delete call, it does a JDBC delete
call to the DB right then.  Note that currently loaded
OM objects are not effect/updated by this. (Other than
the one used to make the delete gets it's isNew() status
updated).

FWIW, it's much safer to delete stuff by using criteria
than objects.  If the object does not have a primary key
to identify it, then the delete statement becomes a
based on a concatenation of all the properties.  Things
like default values can cause the object not to be found
and deleted. Hmm, any one remember if 3.0 cared about PKs...
I seem to remember it was added later.

Anyway, if your table has primary Keys, try using:

ClassNamePeer.doDelete(deleteObject.getPrimaryKey());

If not, construct an identifying criteria and use this.

Hmm, another thought, based on your Torque can't find it
and JDBC can, is that your Torque.properties setting might
be pointing to a different location than JDBC.  E.g.,
development DB for Torque vs JDBC using production DB?

Good luck.

Duke CE Privacy Statement
Please be advised that this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are
confidential communication or may otherwise be privileged or confidential and
are intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient you may not rely on the contents of this
email or any attachments, and we ask that you  please not read, copy or
retransmit this communication, but reply to the sender and destroy the email,
its contents, and all copies thereof immediately.  Any unauthorized
prohibited.