I would let the database generate the unique ID's. That's one of the
things they are good at.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Will Glass-Husain
Sent: 05 December 2006 15:05
To: torque-user@db.apache.org
Subject: duplicate ID exception in cluster

Hi,

I just set up a new 2 server cluster with two instances of Tomcat both
reading/writing from a single database.  I'm using Torque 3.0, the
default ID Broker and MySQL 5. (InnoDB)

My problem... Under heavy load, I notice that most write requests on one
of the servers fails with a duplicate ID error.  Typically, each page
request that fails does 10-20 insert statements.

Any tips as to how I might make this cluster work with simultaneous
writes?

WILL

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to
whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person
other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is
strictly prohibited. If you are the intended recipient, you must treat the
information in confidence and in accordance with all laws related to the
privacy and confidentiality of such information.  If you are not the intended
recipient or their designee, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete all copies of this email, including all attachments.