Hmm, this is interesting.  FWIW, I believe that the test-project
contains a test for the jdbc task.  I ran the test suite using the
3.3-RC3 candidate against a MS SQL Server 2000 install with the
jTDS driver and it passed.  But I'm not a 100% sure that the jdbc
task is part of that.

Also, I just did a quick ant build jdbc task against my development
DB (which uses SQL 7.. I know.. old.. long sad story why... ) and
it worked.

FWIW, this was using jTDS 1.2 with only the ;TDS=7.0 parameter set
on the test URL for the SQL 7 test.  E.g.:

jdbc:jdts:sqlserver://sql.xxx.com/dbName;TDS=7.0

One question, the "tasks" part of torque uses your "build.properties"
info to connect to the server.  Are you changing the values here
or in the Torque.properties file, which only effects the runtime?

It may be an SQL 2005 / jTDS driver issue.  Also are you using named
pipes as a connection method or TCP/IP?  That may be another source
of trouble. I seem to remember that with Named Pipes some alternate
forms of "authentication" may be used, such as trying the current
network user info.

That's all that come to the top of mind right now.

Greg

Class.forName("com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver").newInstan
> ce();
>
> > Connection connection = DriverManager.getConnection
> ("jdbc:sqlserver://srv-

poseidon;instanceName=orgasales;databaseName=OrgaSales;SelectMethod=cur
> sor;
> > integratedSecurity=true", "orgasales", "password");
> >
> > DatabaseMetaData metadata = connection.getMetaData();
> > String[] names = {"TABLE"};
> > ResultSet tableNames = metadata.getTables(null, "%", "%", names);
> > int size = 0;
> > while (tableNames.next()) {
> >   System.out.println(tableNames.getString("TABLE_NAME"));
> >   size++;
> > }
> > System.out.println("Found "+size+" tables");
> > --
> >
> > The result has 346 tables. So the db user has access to the db and
> can
> read
> > the metadata.

DukeCE Privacy Statement: