From: Sasikumar Natarajan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: how can i write torque Group By Query
To: "Apache Torque Users List" <torque-user@db.apache.org>
Date: Wednesday, 26 November, 2008, 12:39 PM

Hi All

The following query i need to change by using torque query.

SELECT DEPT_NUMBER, DEPT_NAME, COUNT(DEPT_NUMBER) NUMBER_OF_EMPLOYEES FROM
EMPLOYEES EMP, DEPARTMENTS DEPT
WHERE EMP.EMP_DEPT_NUMBER = DEPT.DEPT_NUMBER GROUP BY DEPT_NUMBER, DEPT_NAME

i did the following by using torque query. but this is wrong.

Please help me to correct the following query.

Criteria criteria = new Criteria();
criteria.addSelectColumn(DepartmentPeer.DEPT_NUMBER);
criteria.addSelectColumn(DepartmentPeer.DEPT_NAME);

criteria.addGroupByColumn(DepartmentPeer.DEPT_NUMBER);
criteria.addGroupByColumn(DepartmentPeer.DEPT_NAME);

criteria.addJoin(EmployeePeer.EMP_DEPT_NUMBER, DepartmentPeer.DEPT_NUMBER);
List deptList = DepartmentPeer.doSelect(criteria);

Thanks in Advance
Sasikumar

      Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now, on
http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html/

http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/