From: Thomas Vandahl <t...@apache.org>
To: torque-user@db.apache.org
Sent: Tue, November 10, 2009 2:51:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Torque] Using Torque again

On 10.11.09 20:52, Angela Day wrote:
> Here is my default.properties file.  my build.properties file is empty.  The
> problem seems to be referencing from the vm files that generate the om files.
>  Has there been an update to those vm files for 3.3?  There is very little
> documentation on velocity that I can gleen anything from.

Absolutely. Actually, there is not much left from the original template
files from 3.2 to 3.3, let alone 1.0.

> project = cdb
> database = oracle
> targetPackage = org.apache.torque
>
> torque.project = ${project}
> torque.database = ${database}
> torque.targetPackage = ${targetPackage}
> torque.runOnlyOnSchemaChange = false

The file looks mostly OK to me.

> outputDirectory = src
> schemaDirectory = conf
> templatePath = templates
> useClasspath = true
>
> torque.output.dir = ${torque.home}/${outputDirectory}
> torque.schema.dir = ${torque.home}/${schemaDirectory}
> torque.templatePath = ${templatePath}
> torque.useClasspath = ${useClasspath}

I'd probably put the templatePath out of the way. You should be fine
with the current templates from the JAR.

> torque.saveJavaName = ${sameJavaName}

This looks like a typo. But it could most probably not cause the
problems you are experiencing.

> overloadKeySetters = true
Dunno this one.

> useClasspath = false
[...]
> torque.useClasspath = ${useClasspath}

This is a dangerous duplication. You set this before further up and
overwrite it here with false. This might be your sole problem.

> # -------------------------------------------------------------------
> #
> #  C O N T R O L   T E M P L A T E S
> #
> # -------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> SQLControlTemplate = sql/base/Control.vm
> OMControlTemplate = om/Control.vm
> idTableControlTemplate = sql/id-table/Control.vm
> DataDTDControlTemplate = data/Control.vm
> DataDumpControlTemplate = data/dump/Control.vm
> DataSQLControlTemplate = sql/load/Control.vm
> DocControlTemplate = doc/Control.vm
>
> torque.template.sql = ${SQLControlTemplate}
> torque.template.om = ${OMControlTemplate}
> torque.template.idTable = ${idTableControlTemplate}
> torque.template.dataDtd = ${DataDTDControlTemplate}
> torque.template.dataDump = ${DataDumpControlTemplate}
> torque.template.dataSql = ${DataSQLControlTemplate}
> torque.template.doc = ${DocControlTemplate}
> torque.template.sqlDbInit = sql/db-init/Control.vm
> torque.template.ojb = ojb/repository/Control.vm
> torque.template.ojbModel = ojb/model/Control.vm

I don't think this is supported anymore.

Bye, Thomas