From: Thomas Vandahl <t...@apache.org>
To: Apache Torque Users List <torque-user@db.apache.org>
Sent: Thu, December 3, 2009 2:18:52 PM
Subject: Re: no suitable driver

Angela Day wrote:
> INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.20Dec 2, 2009 2:02:47 PM
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext loadOnStartup
> <Resource name="jdbc/cmts" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
>        <ResourceParams name="jdbc/cmts">
>          <parameter>
>            <name>factory</name>
>            <value>org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory</value>
>          </parameter>

This doesn't fit. The Tomcat 6.0 configuration uses attributes instead
of ResourceParams elements to configure a data source. See
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html
for examples.

The problem usually arises if the web application has no access to the
configured data source. Let's see your Torque.properties and the web.xml
of your application, please.

Bye, Thomas.