On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 9:01 PM, Paul Molodowitch
<pa...@luma-pictures.com> wrote:
> Hmm... well, this is a somewhat more ambitious patch, which essentailly
> converts over all uses of repo.invalidate() to use hglib.invalidate()
>
> Most times when repo.invalidate was called, the dirstate was NOT refreshed
> as well; since I'm working on the assumption that this was intentional, I
> added a flag to invalidaterepo which can disable the dirstate.invalidate()
> portion.
>
> The net effect is that now anywhere we were invalidating the repo, we are
> now also invalidating mq and bookmarks, which I'm assuming is generally
> desired (it certainly is in the case of bookmarks).
>
> Also, if in the future we need to invalidate other information, we now can
> do so from a central place.
>
> I realize this is a somewhat further-reaching patch than the others I've
> submitted, and it's possible there's some subtlety here I'm missing, so
> you'll probably want to take a closer look at it before incorporating it.

The patch will have to be rebased, it conflicts with Yuki's recent changes.

Commit is a dirstate app, so we should be invalidating dirstate during
refresh, even if it might be redundant in that particular spot.

It also makes sense to do so after strip, pull, backout, transplant,
and rebase.  All those commands can update the working copy to another
revision.  Basically, the only time we don't want to reset the
dirstate is if we know we've only changed repository data (tags,
bookmarks, etc).

--
Steve Borho