On 24 March 2011 11:12, king-louis <m...@felix-oertel.de> wrote:

> Hello everybody!
>
> Despite the fact, tortoiseHG is a Mouse/Windows GUI it would be nice to have
> better Keyboard-Shortcuts, especially in the context-menu and the commit
> dialog. (e.g. context-menu -> ALT+c "Commit" -> ALT+a "Select all
> commit-items including unknown" -> STRG+Enter "I know, already existing")
>
> Is there any way I can do some work for this? But sorry, I´m a
> PHP-Developer...

Maybe a good place to start would be to improve documentation of
existing keyboard navigation. This would also make it clear where
shortcuts were missing.

For example.
  http://tortoisehg.bitbucket.org/manual/2.0/commit.html#keyboard-navigation
this lists the shortcuts - but only for commit.

One task could be to add all keyboard navigation sections to the index
under 'K'

You could also add a new page to the documentation, listing shortcuts found at
https://bitbucket.org/tortoisehg/thg/wiki/KeySequences

You could also come up with a clever way to automatically extract
keyboard shortcuts from the Python code - so a simple script run at
build time could determine if shortcuts have been added or removed
since last time.

Regards,
Peer