I'm also aware of the story of SourceForge and I feel reluctant suggesting
to go back there.
Github seems like a solid choice if it wasn't for the Git part (I'm not
against Git as such but using Git for TortoiseSVN seems wrong). I've heard
about some interesting build automation workflows but I'm also not aware of
their features and exact terms.
Otherwise there are a few companies making business based on Subversion
hosting / products that might be interested in sponsoring at least the
source code hosting.

Maybe a combination of repository hosting at some "closely related company"
and website / release artifacts on Github.

Kind regards,
Daniel