So. That didn't turn out well at all
(https://groups.google.com/g/tortoisesvn/c/IJuG6WvHTds). I've successfully
reproduced the error.

Some quick debugging indicate that svn_client_open_ra_session2() now barf
if the user doesn't have read access to the repository root. I've
reproduced this using VisualSVN Server (it has an "implicit list folder
permissions for parents of readable paths" that has to be disabled). I
didn't dig all the way down to the server but I'm quite sure the server is
returning a 403 on the root but a valid return code on the actual
subdirectory.

I'm a bit at loss what to do here since we send the URL when establishing
the ra session. If the URL doesn't exist anymore, we get an error. If we
send in the root, we get another error. Any ideas?

Kind regards,
Daniel