From: Scott Thiel <thie...@rpi.edu>
Date: Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 8:21 PM
Subject: Re: Fwd: Hackathon
To: Wes Turner <wdtur...@gmail.com>
Cc: Gong, Wenlin <go...@rpi.edu>

Here is our announcement:

```
HackRPI is back for spring 2019 with another exciting hackathon! If you
like to code, solve problems, and learn new things in a collaborative
and competitive environment then come join us in celebrating
entrepreneurship and creativity in the Darrin Communications Center at
Rensselear Polytechnic Institute on March 16-17.
This year for our fifth annual hackathon we will have three major themes
to focus your hacking efforts on: Environmental Awareness and
Sustainability, Data Privacy, and Accessibility in Education. We
encourage students to not only find new creative solutions to
challenging problems, but to also find ways to make the tools for doing
so available to others. We welcome students from all areas of study and
no prior coding experience is needed. There will be plenty of mentors
available to help you make an amazing hack out of your great ideas.
There’s also free food so come on down and win some cool prizes,
showcase your hacking skills, enjoy great company, and overall have a
fantastic time!
Our registration is scheduled to open soon, but in the meantime you can
pre-register by going to https://hackrpi.com and clicking on
“Preregister now!”. Once registration opens, those who preregistered
will be sent an email letting them know. If you have any additional
questions regarding registration or HackRPI in general, head on over to
https://hackrpi.com or email us at t...@hackrpi.com.
```

Thanks for your help,

Scott