Hi Folks,

The HFOSS team will be presenting some new things we're working on at the
SIGCAS-sponsored event at SIGCSE this March.  We will be talking about the use
of HFOSS "kits" where a kit contains a complete HFOSS project bundled along
with student activities and an instructor guide for use. Kits are "plug and
play" and the idea is to address the "installation challenge" that many
instructors face when trying to support student involvement in HFOSS projects.

The event itself encompasses a variety of ways that Computing for Social Good
can be included in a curriculum but we wanted you all to know that there will
be a focus on HFOSS.  There is limited funding for one night hotel coverage for
POSSE alums. Please contact Heidi Ellis (el...@wne.edu<mailto:el...@wne.edu>)
if you are interested in this support. The event is free, but registration is
required to ensure that we have sufficient room.

Formal announcement below.

Enjoy!  Heidi

We are pleased to invite you to our 6th annual Computing for the Social Good in
Education (CSG-Ed) in-person event. This free, SIGCAS-sponsored event will take
place in-person on Wednesday March 20, 2024, from 8:30-5:00, as an affiliated
SIGCSE Technical Symposium event in Portland, OR.

For this year’s program, we come together as a community to discuss how to
include CSG-Ed in your course or educational context as a way to fulfill the
CS2023 recommendations for including Society, Ethics, and the Profession (SEP)

In particular we will present and practice a variety of tested approaches for
incorporating SEP considerations throughout the curriculum. These approaches
include CSG-Ed, HFOSS, Embedded Ethics, and Responsible Computing.

To learn more about:
- This event:
https://www.sigcas.org/2023/12/27/registration-now-open-2024-sigcse-affiliate-event/
- CSG-Ed in general: https://www.sigcas.org/csged/
- SIGCAS: https://www.sigcas.org/

While this SIGCAS-sponsored event is free, attendees must be registered for the
Technical Symposium.

Please help us plan appropriately for this event by registering to attend:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/strategies-for-operationalizing-the-cs2023-sep-recommendations-tickets-782321283017?aff=oddtdtcreator