Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: isc-dhcp (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to isc-dhcp in Ubuntu.

  dhclient fails to set default route

Status in isc-dhcp package in Ubuntu:

  We are trying to migrate our systems from trusty to xenial. There are no
changes to dhcp configurations. On a xenial host, upon running dhclient, the
default route does not get set. However, the other static routes do get set.

  I copied /sbin/dhclient-script from a trusty host to the xenial host
  and ran dhclient and voila the default route got set.

  Version I copied from:
  user@host:~$ dpkg -l isc-dhcp-client
  ||/ Name                       Version            Architecture
Description

+++-==========================-==================-==================-=========================================================
  ii  isc-dhcp-client            4.2.4-7ubuntu12.4  amd64              ISC DHCP
client

  AFFECTED VERSION DETAILS
  =========================
  user@host:/var/lib/dhcp$ lsb_release -a
  No LSB modules are available.
  Distributor ID:       Ubuntu
  Release:      16.04
  Codename:     xenial
  user@host:/var/lib/dhcp$ dpkg -l isc-dhcp-client
  ||/ Name                       Version            Architecture
Description

+++-==========================-==================-==================-=========================================================
  ii  isc-dhcp-client            4.3.3-5ubuntu12.1  amd64              DHCP
client for automatically obtaining an IP address

  user@host:/var/lib/dhcp$ cat dhclient.leases  # some values changed
  lease {
    interface "ens3";
    fixed-address 10.0.0.97;
    filename "pxelinux.0";
    option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
    option routers 10.0.0.11;
    option dhcp-lease-time 86400;
    option dhcp-message-type 5;
    option domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;
    option dhcp-server-identifier 10.0.0.1;
    option dhcp-renewal-time 43200;
    option rfc3442-classless-static-routes
24,10,1,0,10,84,192,66,24,192,168,100,10,0,0,66;
    option broadcast-address 10.0.0.255;
    option dhcp-rebinding-time 75600;
    option host-name "host";
    option domain-name "example.com";