For me the phone hang if and when I turn the hotspot off. It doesn't
hang immediately, but in the minutes that follow. It's pretty reliable.

OTOH, if I switch to plane mode, and then back to normal mode, the
hotspot is turned off an my phone doesn't hang. That's also pretty
reliable.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to indicator-network in

  Hotspot crashes the device and reboots

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Confirmed
Status in indicator-network package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in ubuntu-system-settings package in Ubuntu:

  The device hangs and reboots after some tasks related to hotspot.

  There are a couple of ways that this bug occurred.

  1. While the hotspot is on, try to change hotspot settings like
  requiring passwords. Upon clicking the Change button, the bug occurs.
  (happens always)

  2. Turning on the hotspot from the settings app while the wifi is off
  the bug occurs. (happened once)

  Not sure what log will be helpful. Please let me know and I'll attach them.

  Device:
  bq E5 HD (OTA 13)