Does this happen on systemd git?

  I/O errors on disc from optical drive can block raising the network

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:

  I'm using Ubuntu 17.04 dev with systemd 232-21ubuntu2 and I'm using an
  automounter which does also mount discs in optical drives and on
  having a damaged disk (from too much overwriting) in /dev/sr0 inserted
  I'm getting I/O errors as expected (blk_update_request: I/O error, dev
  sr0, sector 0) but the console shows then "A start job is running for
  Raise network interfaces" with a maximum time of 5 minutes and 2
  seconds which doesn't progress until I'm ejecting the disc in
  /dev/sr0.