Lubuntu Next was never officially released, even though we had
beta/alpha versions. Additionally, the idea of having both a LXDE and
LXQt image is something we will not be continuing for the Cosmic cycle.
Instead, we will be switching over to LXQt entirely. It will most
certainly have apport in it, though we will need to do some packaging
work on the Qt frontend (apport-kde) as it's a little less Qt and a
little more KDE. That said, I've co-opted this bug for that purpose.

** Also affects: apport (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: apport (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: apport (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: apport (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Simon Quigley (tsimonq2)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  Bionic: ubuntu-bug / apport not present

Status in Lubuntu Next:
  Won't Fix
Status in apport package in Ubuntu:

  [I am not sure if apport was present in the previous (17.10) Lubuntu
  Next, or that as now, I had to install it...]

  I wished to report a bug, as I have often done before, and used the terminal
to invoke ubuntu-bug.
  I was informed that I needed to install apport to gain that command.

  I did so, but then wondered if apport's absence was a mistake, or an
  intentional decision to omit the  package...

  The ability to report crashes/bugs seems like such an obvious and
  necessary thing to include, for any distro...