@Julian

Thank for your advise. So basically, putting keys into the trusted.gpg.d
directory should be sufficient to make APT happy? I never tried that
way, even worse (shame on me), I was not aware of that possibility...

Regarding the environment variable, I really don't understand why we are
warned. Capturing APT stdout doesn't necessarily mean parsing process...
Even through, developers which invoke APT in automation script should
known what they are doing. At least, a simple warn in the documentation
should be sufficient... So yes, I'm with out on that point, that warn,
should be dropped.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  dirmngr is used as daemon

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in gnupg2 package in Ubuntu:

  I'm using Ubuntu 16.10 with gnupg2 2.1.15-1ubuntu6 and for example if
  I'm using apt-key to receive keys I'm noticing that dirmngr is started
  and kept open after the task is done. If apt-key is used multiple
  times even multiple times dirmngr is started while the old processes
  are still open.