@Julian

So, if I understand well, you want remove the
APT_KEY_DONT_WARN_ON_DANGEROUS_USAGE environment variable but keep the
warning when APT-KEY detect that its output is captured? That would be
tedious for us.. We do not want such a warn in our case. We capture
STDOUT for the purpose of debugging (STDOUT goes to a log file and is
print to screen, depending on context).

Sometime, you should let developers take decisions. If they are not able
to stick to the man page recommendations, that not your problem, isn't
it? Or do you consider that all developers are idiot?

BTW: It seem that simply putting keys into the trusted directory is not
sufficient. APT still warn about missing PUBKEY... See also
https://askubuntu.com/questions/31286/additional-keyrings-for-apt-in-
trusted-gpg-d

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  dirmngr is used as daemon

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in gnupg2 package in Ubuntu:

  I'm using Ubuntu 16.10 with gnupg2 2.1.15-1ubuntu6 and for example if
  I'm using apt-key to receive keys I'm noticing that dirmngr is started
  and kept open after the task is done. If apt-key is used multiple
  times even multiple times dirmngr is started while the old processes
  are still open.