Maciej, that looks like javascript polkit and I believe we're staying on
the pre-javascript version of polkit.

Thanks

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to policykit-1 in Ubuntu.

  Snap installs software without user having sudo access

Status in gnome-software package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in policykit-1 package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in snapd package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      18.04

  $ apt-cache policy gnome-software
  gnome-software:
    Installed: 3.28.1-0ubuntu4.18.04.8
    Candidate: 3.28.1-0ubuntu4.18.04.12
    Version table:
       3.28.1-0ubuntu4.18.04.12 500
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-updates/main amd64
Packages
   *** 3.28.1-0ubuntu4.18.04.8 100
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       3.28.1-0ubuntu4 500
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic/main amd64

  What I expect to happen:
    Software is not installed for a user without sudo access.

  What does happen:
  I'm logging in with an LDAP user. This user does not have sudo access.

  When I select software from gnome-software ("Ubuntu Software"), it
  pops up and asks for my users password. I enter this in, and the
  software then installs (tested with blender, libreoffice, opencl
  driver).

  My user does *not* have sudo access on the system.

  $ sudo su -
  [sudo] password for jason:
  jason is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.

  It appears these *may* be being installed with Snaps ... which still:

  How, without having root access, can an unprivileged user install
  something onto the system?

  Package: gnome-software 3.28.1-0ubuntu4.18.04.8
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.0.0-32.34~18.04.2-generic 5.0.21
  Uname: Linux 5.0.0-32-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.5
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Fri Nov  1 13:53:03 2019
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
(20190210)
  InstalledPlugins:
   gnome-software-plugin-flatpak N/A
   gnome-software-plugin-limba   N/A
   gnome-software-plugin-snap    3.28.1-0ubuntu4.18.04.8
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8