I boot Ubuntu 18.04.4 in mode 3 (console mode) and run `sudo dpkg-
reconfigure console-setup` and select UTF-8 -> Latin1 and Latin5 ->
Terminus -> 10x20. After that the console immediately switches to this
font and font size. And it also prints the following message:

update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)
Processing triggers for initramfs-tools (0.130ubuntu3.9) ...
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.15.0-76-generic

After that I reboot into mode 3 again but the font and the font size
don't get applied. I have to manually run `sudo setupcon -v -f` for my
changes to take effect after a reboot.

This looks to be a bug in `dpkg-reconfigure console-setup`.

** Affects: console-setup (Ubuntu)

dpkg-reconfigure console-setup changes do not apply after reboot.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1862480
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch
seeded packages, which is subscribed to console-setup in Ubuntu.