[Expired for alsa-driver (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for
60 days.]

** Changed in: alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  [Thinkpad T400, Conexant CX20561] Sound is
  overdriven/distorted/crackling

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Hi,

  The sound on my Thinkpad T400 (Intel HDA conexant cx20561) seems te be
  overdriven at some point, resulting in a soundquality typical for it.
  The effects are subtle though very annoying while listening to 'clean'
  piano-music for example. I tried playing around with the ALSA-mixer
  but haven't discovered any relation between the crackling and, say,
  the PCM level. Although reducing any level reduces the noise and at
  some point makes it vanish, there does not seem to be a real
  difference in reducing the master instead of the PCM level. I have
  also tried several different model parameters, without any effect at
  all.

  Package: alsa-base 1.0.25+dfsg-0ubuntu4
  Uname: Linux 3.6.11-030611-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.9.2-0ubuntu8.3
  Architecture: i386
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  thinkpad   3760 F.... pulseaudio
  Date: Mon Sep 30 17:28:29 2013
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring Ringtail" - Release i386 (20130424)
  MarkForUpload: True
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: alsa-driver
  dmi.bios.date: 10/17/2012
  dmi.bios.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.bios.version: 7UET94WW (3.24 )
  dmi.board.name: 6475PG9
  dmi.board.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.board.version: Not Available
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: No Asset Information
  dmi.chassis.type: 10
  dmi.chassis.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.chassis.version: Not Available
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnLENOVO:bvr7UET94WW(3.24):bd10/17/2012:svnLENOVO:pn6475PG9:pvrThinkPadT400:rvnLENOVO:rn6475PG9:rvrNotAvailable:cvnLENOVO:ct10:cvrNotAvailable:
  dmi.product.name: 6475PG9
  dmi.product.version: ThinkPad T400
  dmi.sys.vendor: LENOVO