Thanks but as Gunnar said those keybindings are useful and not going to
be removed

It could make sense to have them listed in the GNOME settings keybinding
for making them easier to change for users though which has been
requested on https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-control-
center/-/issues/785

** Changed in: ibus (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: ibus (Ubuntu)

** Bug watch added: gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-control-center/-/issues #785
   https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-control-center/-/issues/785

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ibus in Ubuntu.

  Enhancement: Remove default Emoji shortcuts

Status in ibus package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Current Situation
  ===================

  (1)
  Per default ibus preferences are hidden in Ubuntu
  (I would say it's very difficult to reach ibus feature)

  (2)
  ibus has two default shortcuts, apparently for Emoji-something:
     - Ctrl+shift+e
     - Ctrl+shift+u

  (2.1)
  These shortcuts can prevent shortcuts from other applications being used (one
example: VSCode's "show files"

  (2.2)
  Because of (1) it's extremely difficult to change these shortcuts, if they
cause any problems - Especially because of (2.3).

  (2.3)
  The user has no way of knowing that ibus introduced these shortcuts (because
they would only use Settings->Region & Language, which does not show any
shortcut options)

  (3)
  I guess the Emoji shortcuts ( (2) ) have no benefit for a normal user. Reason
(guess): The normal user would not understand what to do after pressing the
shortcut)

  Suggestion
  ============
  Remove shortcuts as a default setting

  Misc
  ====
  - Why is this bug not filed in github.com/ibus/ibus/issues?
    -> Because in ibus as standalone, where the user has a direction connection
to it, it might make sense to keep the shortcuts. For the moment I would say
this is a Ubuntu related issue, as ubuntu is hiding the dialog. (... why is the
dialog gui even installed, if we don't was to show it? ...)

  Package: ibus 1.5.22-2ubuntu2 [modified:
usr/share/applications/org.freedesktop.IBus.Setup.desktop]
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.3
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME