just a side node on the findings while hunting down this issue in gdb:

on armhf I think the calling convention is that integers are passed on
registers. uint64 is not a (32bit) integer and since the value passed to
SSL_CTX_set_options was not related in any way to the value passed in
q_SSL_CTX_set_options I think uint64_t are expected to be on the stack.
I cannot tell what value is in that place/where it came from, but it
ALWAYS had bit29 set. Bit29 means disable tls1.3.

I don't know if i686 has a similar calling convention, but if not and
i686 being a little endian architecture, that systems are not affected
by this (probably the most important platform being 32bit windows)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to qtbase-opensource-src in

  qt5-network openssl3 armhf does not support tls1.3

Status in qtbase-opensource-src package in Ubuntu:

  lsb_release
  Release:        22.04

  libqt5network5/jammy,now 5.15.3+dfsg-2 armhf
  libssl3/jammy-updates,jammy-security,now 3.0.2-0ubuntu1.6 armhf

  the qt5 armhf version shipped with ubuntu jammy has a regression in
  tls1.3 support (simply missing in runtime).

  openssl supports tls1.3, so the underlying library works.
  x86_64 is obviously not affected
  the short sample applications writes -1 on armhf, 15 on x86_64 (unknown
protocol vs tls1.3)

          QSslSocket* s = new QSslSocket();
          QSslConfiguration cfg = s->sslConfiguration();
          cfg.setProtocol(QSsl::TlsV1_3OrLater);
          s->setSslConfiguration(cfg);
          s->connectToHostEncrypted("tls13-enabled.server",443);
          s->waitForConnected();
          printf("%d\n",s->sessionProtocol());

  marking it as security since the most secure tls protocol is not used
  on some platforms