Since my upgrade from Debian to Ubuntu in about 2008, I never had
ubuntu-minimal installed on my system, nor pulled in by some LTS-to-LTS upgrade.
As we see, Debian has fixed their
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=992649, because usrmerge was
not a mandatory package at the time of the fix. Else they would say, "just
install usrmerge and you will have everything fixed"
They make it mandatory in Debian Testing only on Sep 17th 2022, that is, after
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS release (https://wiki.debian.org/UsrMerge).
And they did so by making init-system-helpers dependent on usrmerge
(https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2022/09/msg00001.html).
Should this move be copied by Ubuntu in their Jammy LTS release ?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to debianutils in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu 22.04, debianutils moved run-parts into /usr/bin, breaking
  systemd-cron in the course

Status in debianutils package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in systemd-cron package in Ubuntu:

  (Found in Ubuntu 22.04 LTS)
  package debianutils keeps run-parts executable in /usr/bin/
  while package systemd-cron tries to find it in /bin/

  $ which run-parts
  /usr/bin/run-parts

  $ dpkg -S `which run-parts`
  debianutils: /usr/bin/run-parts

  $ grep =/bin/run /lib/systemd/system/cron*
  /lib/systemd/system/cron-daily.service:ExecStart=/bin/run-parts --report
/etc/cron.daily
  /lib/systemd/system/cron-hourly.service:ExecStart=/bin/run-parts --report
/etc/cron.hourly
  /lib/systemd/system/cron-monthly.service:ExecStart=/bin/run-parts --report
/etc/cron.monthly
  /lib/systemd/system/cron-weekly.service:ExecStart=/bin/run-parts --report
/etc/cron.weekly

  Because of that, cron-daily.serice gets info "failed" state soon after
  system reboot.

  Please resolve the problem to make systemd-cron more usable.
  Thanks in advance for your help.