Ubuntu 22.04 LTS (updated from 21.10)
nautilus 1.42.1.1-0ubuntu
15.15.0-37-generic
flatpak installed
Type=x11

Expected to happen:
1. open nautilus
2. type anything in search box in any folder (remote or not, empty or not)
3. nautilus do the search.

What happens:
1. open nautilus
2. type anything in search box in any folder (remote or not, empty or not)
3. nautilus crashes and prompt to end the process

What I've tested:
1. sudo apt install --reinstall nautilus
2. rm ~/.config/nautilus
none worked

Strange result:
sometimes (same search, same folder) it doesn't crash. After waiting about 1min
(!) doing nothing, the search results appear. After this happy long time, if I
try other searches without closing the window, they work as expected.

I would have posted this a week earlier, but then the strange result
first came out. So I thought that I could figure it out, but I couldn't.
Before that I didn't realize how important the search box was. Now I
have installed nemo as I was waiting nautilus to be fixed. If I could
test anything that it could help, I would love to help!

** Affects: tracker (Ubuntu)

** Tags: 22.04 nautilus search ubuntu
--
nautilus crash on search