** Attachment added: "0.142ubuntu10.log"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/initramfs-tools/+bug/2049540/+attachment/5740003/+files/0.142ubuntu10.log

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to initramfs-tools in Ubuntu.

  hundreds of differences in module list between initramfs-tools version
  0.142ubuntu10 and version 0.142ubuntu11

Status in initramfs-tools package in Ubuntu:

  When analyzing the kernel modules present in the current initrd, I
  have found that there are hundreds of such differences, and that this
  started with the move to dracut.

  I believe that the move to dracut was intended to be relatively module
  neutral - see LP: #2031841 and LP: #2042710 for more details on that.

  I'm attaching here a test case based on podman, where different
  versions of the initramfs-tools package are installed, and then the
  list of modules present in the initrd is analyzed.